Advisory Forums are one of the most effective ways a region can market itself to site selectors and enhance business attraction efforts. SSG works with states, regions and communities to provide officially sanctioned advisory forums where attendees have the opportunity to learn from some of the nation’s leading site selectors.
On an official Advisory Forum tour, six to ten compensated members will visit a community to get a feel for the available sites and buildings and overall business climate while providing valuable insight. These forums occur over a two day period that is tailored to the city where it is held. The tours can be customized depending on need.
Example Advisory Forum Events:
– Leading roundtable discussions
– Providing feedback to the EDO on its programs and about the region
– Visiting with major employers, elected officials and policy makers
– Touring available sites and buildings
– Learning about innovative workforce development strategies, technology-led economic development initiatives, etc.