J. Michael Mullis
President & CEO
J. M. Mullis, Inc.
J. Michael Mullis established the firm of J. M. Mullis, Inc. during the late 1970’s to provide professional project location specialist services on an international basis for various private client groups.
Today, the firm typically does more than $2.0 billion annually in major new project establishments on a global basis; and representative ongoing Client Groups include these internationally recognized Companies:
- Aerospace/Aviation – Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Spirit AeroSystems, Goodrich/UT, GKN, Sabre, Lufthansa, SAFRAN Group, Beechcraft.
- Transportation – FedEx, Delta Airlines, Toyota, Valeo, Pirelli, Johnson Controls Automotive, Alstom, Harley-Davidson.
- Manufacturing –Masco, Briggs & Stratton, Alcan, Whirlpool/Maytag, Pirelli, Kohler, Thyssen-Krupp, Olin/Winchester Ammo, Carlisle, Rockwell Automation, Haier, Asia Pulp & Paper, Luvata/Nordic Capital, Caterpillar, Continental Tire The Americas, Tiffany & Co., Dal-Tile/Mohawk.
- Distribution – Wal-Mart, Brookstone, RadioShack, Tractor Supply,
- Academy Sports + Outdoors/KKR, Nike, Ingram, Amway, American Eagle Outfitters, AutoZone, Big Lots.
- Food Industry – Tyson Foods, Hormel, PepsiCo, Smucker’s, Mars, Nestlé, Performance Food Group, Dean Foods, Prairie Farms, United Natural Foods (UNFI), Clif Bar.
- Renewable Energy – Alcan, BP, Repower, USEC.
- Data Centers/Services – TD Ameritrade, Dell/Perot Systems, Sabre, WellPoint, United Healthcare.
In addition to the firm’s location analysis work throughout the United States, it also has affiliate representations in Mexico, Europe, and Asia, where the firm participates in major new business developments annually.
Mike Mullis began his economic development career during the late 1960’s with the Tennessee Governor’s Staff Division for Industrial Development.
During the mid-1970’s, Mike became an Associate and Officer of a major design/consulting firm based in Tennessee. Mike directed the Company’s Division which provided location analysis work on a worldwide basis for its industrial clients.
Mike attended the University of Tennessee, Lambuth University, and Union University; and he holds Bachelor of Science Degrees in Physics and Mathematics.
J.M. Mullis, Inc. has completed more than 1,200 projects.
J. Michael Mullis has accomplished these professional achievements:
- President, Tennessee Industrial Development Council
- Board Member, Southern Economic Development Council
- Committee Chairperson, American Economic Development Council (now IEDC)
- Graduate, Economic Development Institute
- Instructor, ED Basic Courses (in several States)
- Instructor, Economic Development Institute at Indianapolis and Norman (11 years)
(Voted several times – Most Outstanding Instructor)
- Certified Economic Developer
- Fellow Member, International Economic Development Council
- Board Member, Tennessee Industrial and Agricultural Commission
- 2003 Recipient of the IEDC Chairman’s Award For Lifetime Achievement In Economic Development
- 2014 Recipient of the Southern Economic Development Council’s Chairman’s Award for Achievement in Economic Development
- Site Selectors Guild – Charter Member
Mike is an active member of several state, regional, national, and international economic development organizations; as well as CoreNet and IAMC.