Wolfgang RiedelManaging Partner & Founder Riedel Consulting GmbH
Wolfgang Riedel is the founder and managing partner of the Germany-based consultancy firm Riedel Consulting GmbH. The company’s explicit focus is on site selection consulting to advise firms on their global expansion strategies.
Geographic Areas Served:
Wolfgang Riedel’s project references cover more than 40 countries on five continents.
- Africa: South Africa
- Americas: Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, United States
- Asia: China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam
- Europe: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- Oceania: Australia
Industries or Specialties:
Based on his technological background, Wolfgang Riedel’s site selection references are spanning a wide range of industrial segments.
- Consumer Electronics
- Electronic & Electrical Equipment
- Photovoltaics (Ingot, Wafer, Cell, Module)
- Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturing
- Renewable Energy (PV Parks, CSP Power Plants)
- Construction & Materials
- Data Centers
- Consumer Goods
Areas of Expertise: Out of close to 30 years of professional experience, Wolfgang Riedel has conducted site selection throughout many of the world’s key investment markets for nearly 20 years, with project references in more than 40 countries on five continents and a worldwide track record of around three hundred field technical due diligence assessments in the past years.
Past Employment: Wolfgang began his career at several world market leaders in segments such as high-tech products, process technologies or process equipment for electronics, optical and other high-tech industries. Prior to starting Riedel Consulting GmbH, Wolfgang served as head of site selection at the M+W Group, a leading global engineering and construction partner for mainly technology-driven clients.
Notable Past Clients:
Wolfgang Riedel’s clients are based around the globe with activities in diverse industrial sectors.
- Asian developer of photovoltaic parks/concentrating solar power plants
- Brazilian state government and state development bank (Southeastern Brazil)
- European economic development organizations and cities
- European manufacturer of advanced semiconductor components
- European manufacturer of auto parts
- European manufacturer of silicon ingots
- European manufacturer of specialty chemicals
- European semiconductor manufacturer (power semiconductors/microcontrollers)
- Mexican state government (Northern Mexico)
- U.S. manufacturer of nondurable household products
- U.S. manufacturer of personal products
- U.S. manufacturer of photovoltaic thin film modules
- U.S. semiconductor manufacturer (microcontrollers/flash memory devices)
Wolfgang Riedel holds a Degree in Physics from the University of Ulm, Germany.
Phone: +49 176 473 29079 (Stuttgart, Germany)
Email: [email protected]