Mark SweeneySenior Principal McCallum Sweeney Consulting
MSC is one of the leading site selection firms in North America. Senior staff with MSC have more than 75 years of combined location consulting experience, having assisted many of the world’s largest and best-known companies. Our client list includes such quality firms as Michelin, Northrop Grumman, Nissan, Boeing, SGL Group/BMW Group (joint venture), Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Dollar General, Hertz, and Sallie Mae.
McCallum Sweeney Consulting’s clients come from all over the world; our site searches are primarily in North America. We help companies in every industry, and the projects we help them with are manufacturing, distribution and office; our office projects are primarily headquarters.
Geographic Areas Served:
- North America (Canada, United States, Mexico)
Industries or Specialties:
- Motor vehicles
- Auto parts
- Aircraft parts and components
- Forest products
- Paper products
- Chemical products
- Tires / Rubber products
- Steel mills and products
- Metal products (Fabricated Metal)
- Pharmaceutical products
- Food and beverage
- Warehouse and distribution
Areas of Expertise:
MSC specializes in site selection and incentives negotiation services. While we assist companies in every industry and with all types of projects, we are expert in such areas as automotive assembly, aircraft and aviation assembly and components, carbon fiber and other specialty materials, and large scale distribution.
Established in July 2000, MSC brings more than 75 years of senior staff investment location consulting experience to our clients. In addition, MSC brings the most comprehensive use of geographic information systems (GIS) technology to bear on our projects, greatly enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of the process.
MSC is committed to providing our clients with uncompromised service, conducting site selection and incentives negotiations with the highest standards of integrity. We will bring that commitment of service and integrity to the Company.
MSC excels in site selection and incentive negotiations with a proven process, experienced staff, cutting-edge technology, and a commitment to excellence.
Notable Past Clients:
- Daiichi Sankyo: pharmaceutical packaging/distribution (82 jobs, Bethlehem PA).
- Hertz: headquarters relocation (700 jobs, Ft. Myers area FL).
- Michelin multiple projects including tire manufacturing (200 jobs, Lexington SC) and multiple distribution projects (Houston TX; Mokena IL; Elkton MD; Wilmington IL; Spartanburg SC).
- Mitsubishi Electric Power Products: manufacturing (275 jobs, Memphis TN)
- Nissan: multiple projects including auto assembly (4,000 jobs, Canton MS), parts distribution (45 jobs, Greenville SC), headquarters (1,300 jobs, Nashville TN).
- Oreck: multiple projects including manufacturing (175 jobs, Cookeville TN) and headquarters (90 jobs, Nashville TN)
- PACCAR: diesel engines (500 jobs, Columbus MS)
- SGL Carbon Fibers: joint venture with BMW; 80 jobs, Moses Lake WA.
- Shaw Industries: multiple manufacturing projects (hardwood flooring, 25 jobs, S. Pittsburgh TN; tile carpet, 500 jobs, Adairsville GA)
- SLM (Sallie Mae): customer service/credit (1,100 jobs, Newark DE).
BS: Appalachian State University
MBA: Clemson University
Murphy Fellowship for graduate work in Economics, Tulane University
Personal: Mark Sweeney was born in New Jersey, went to high school in Charlotte NC, lived for six years in Louisiana, and has spent most of the rest of his time in South Carolina.
In the News:
Phone: 846-672-1600 x202
Email: [email protected]