Site Selectors Guild Elects New Board
ATLANTA — The Site Selectors Guild, Inc. (the Guild), the professional association of the world’s leading corporate location advisors, elected a new board at the organization’s 2020 Annual Conference in Atlanta, Georgia in March. Along with the election of new board members, Jay Garner, president and founder of Garner Economics LLC, was elected chairman of the board for the Guild.
“I’m honored, humbled and thrilled to serve an organization that I deeply care for,” Garner said. “In the coming year, we will continue to focus on showcasing the Guild’s thought leadership to help economic development professionals make their communities the most competitive they can be for investment, as well as highlight the value site selectors bring to corporate location decisions.”
Garner was a founding member of the Guild in 2010 and has served in various positions on the board. He brings 40 years of experience to the site selection profession and previously served as chairman for the International Economic Development Council, the largest economic development professional trade organization in the world.
In addition to the chairman, the following Guild members have been elected to the board and will serve as officers:
- Chris Lloyd, senior vice present and director of infrastructure and economic development at McGuireWoods Consulting, LLC, will remain on the board and serve as vice chair
- John Sisson, executive managing director at the Next Move Group, will continue to serve as board treasurer
- Gregg Wassmansdorf, senior managing director, consulting at Newmark Grubb Knight Frank will remain on the board and serve as secretary
- Michelle Comerford, industrial and supply chain practice lead, Biggins Lacy Shapiro & Company, joins the board
- Dennis Donovan, principal, Wadley Donovan Gutshaw Consulting, joins the board
- Andy Shapiro, managing director, Biggins Lacy Shapiro & Company, and previous board chair, will remain on the board
About the Site Selectors Guild
The Site Selectors Guild is the only association of the world’s foremost professional site selection consultants. Guild members provide location strategy to corporations across the globe and for every industry, sector, and function. Founded in 2010, the Site Selectors Guild is dedicated to advancing the profession of international corporate site selection by promoting integrity, objectivity and professional development. Members are peer-nominated, vetted, and must demonstrate significant professional location advisory experience. In the past three years alone, Guild members facilitated the announced creation of approximately 165,000 jobs and $90 billion in announced capital investment. Guild membership is the highest standard in the site selection industry. For more information, visit siteselectorsguild.com or follow @siteselectguild on Twitter.