SAN DIEGO – The Site Selectors Guild, the only association of the world’s foremost professional site selection consultants, elected a new board at the organization’s 2022 Annual Conference in San Diego, California this month. Along with the election of new board members, Gregg Wassmansdorf, senior managing director of global strategy and consulting at Newmark, was elected chair of the board for the Guild.
Wassmansdorf most recently served as vice chair of the board and has experience in all facets of the site selection industry including business location strategy, supply chain realignment, corporate workplace strategy, and economic incentive negotiation.
“It is my great honor to serve the Site Selectors Guild as board chair,” Wassmansdorf said. “I look forward to deepening engagement opportunities for economic development professionals and international investment promotion agencies, while continuing to advance the Guild’s thought leadership and value to our members and the corporate community.”
In addition to the chair, the following Guild members have been elected to the board and will serve as officers:
- Larry Gigerich, executive managing director at Ginovus, will remain on the board and serve as vice chair
- Phil Schneider, president at Schneider Strategy Consulting, LLC and a prior board chair, will serve as treasurer
- John Rocca, managing director at JLL Consulting, joins the board and will serve as secretary
- Michelle Comerford, industrial and supply chain practice lead at Biggins Lacy Shapiro & Company, will remain on the board
- Seth Martindale, senior managing director at CBRE, Inc., will remain on the board
- Chris Lloyd, senior vice president and director of infrastructure and economic development at McGuireWoods Consulting, LLC and immediate past board chair, will remain on the board.
“The newly elected board brings years of leadership experience and unmatched skill in the site selection industry,” said Charlie Jewell, managing director of the Site Selectors Guild. “On behalf of the entire Guild membership, I thank them for their contributions ahead this year.”
About the Site Selectors Guild
The Site Selectors Guild is the only association of the world’s foremost professional site selection consultants. Guild members provide location strategy to corporations across the globe and for every industry, sector, and function. Founded in 2010, the Site Selectors Guild is dedicated to advancing the profession of international business location strategy and corporate site selection by promoting integrity, objectivity and professional development. Members are peer-nominated, vetted, and must demonstrate significant professional location advisory experience. In the past three years alone, Guild members facilitated the announced creation of approximately 165,000 jobs and $90 billion in announced capital investment. Guild membership is the highest standard in the site selection industry. For more information, visit siteselectorsguild.com or follow @siteselectguild on Twitter.