Schneider Consulting LLC
Mr. Schneider has 28 years of management consulting experience in the fields of corporate global location strategy, site selection, incentives negotiation, and economic development strategy. Phil spent seven years with Fantus Consulting, followed by 18 years with Deloitte Consulting’s Strategy & Operations practice. He is currently the President of Schneider Consulting LLC, where he continues to provide strategic advisory services. Mr. Schneider is also a Board Member of the Site Selectors Guild, the association of the world’s leading site selection practitioners.
As a Director with Fantus Consulting and continuing as a Partner with Deloitte Consulting where he led its Location Strategy and Global Expansion Optimization groups, Phil has conducted nearly 400 engagements cutting across industries and corporate functions, from heavy manufacturing, to high technology, headquarters, R&D, call centers, and shared services. For his corporate clients, Phil:
- developed corporate location strategy and selection decision process
- screened and analyzed countries, states, and cities to identify locations meeting specific company and project criteria
- conducted field due diligence to inspect sites, labor markets, infrastructure, support services, living conditions, and other business conditions and costs
- developed the operating costs and business condition benchmarking models
- created negotiation strategy and led corporate negotiations for government incentives and real estate acquisition
Phil’s past corporate location clients include Allen-Bradley (Rockwell), American Express, Amgen, A-Mold Wheels, Andersen Window, Apple Computer, Armour Swift-Eckrich, Ashland Inc., AstenJohnson, Baker & McKenzie, Bank of America, Bank of New York, Barney’s of New York, Batesville Casket, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Bosch, Bridgestone, The Capital Group, Caterpillar, Cliffs Natural Resources, Concentrix Solar, Crown Equipment, Deloitte, Diebold, Elkhem Solar, The Gap, Genentech, Grainger, Hill-Rom, HP, Hyundai, Jo-Ann Stores, John Deere, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg, Kennametal, Kmart, Kimberly-Clark, Lake Erie Screw, Land’s End, Mannesman, Mattel, McDonnell Douglas (Boeing), Meldisco Footwear, Metalpha, Michelin, Morgan Stanley, Mine Safety Appliances, Nestle, nVidia, Paypal, Peugeot, Pitney Bowes, Pittsburgh Glass Works, Potlatch, Pratt & Whitney, Q-Cells Solar, Raflatac, REC Silicon, REC Solar, Republic Steel, Soitec Semiconductor, Sherwin-Williams, SMA Solar, Spectrum Brands, Stryker, Synthes, Sun Life Financial, ThyssenKrupp, TriMas (Masco), and Toyota.
Mr. Schneider has conducted location throughout the US and the world. In addition to conducting location screening and business cost/conditions reviews of nearly all industrialized countries in the world, Phil has conducted on-the-ground field due diligence and government incentives/grants negotiations work in:
- Americas: US (and Puerto Rico), Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica (location screening throughout South and Central America)
- EMEA: England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, South Africa (location screening throughout EMEA)
- AsiaPac: China, India, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia (location screening throughout AsiaPac)
Mr. Schneider has also conducted strategy assignments for economic development and investment promotion agencies including:
- International: Investment Support and Promotion Agency of Turkey (ISPAT), Ministry of Economic Development Italy (Sviluppo Italia), Cadilla Special Economic Zone (India), Invest Northern Ireland, Invest Hong Kong, Invest in Denmark, Japanese External Trade Organization, Enterprise Cape Breton Nova Scotia, Enterprise Saint John New Brunswick, The Greater Halifax Partnership, Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
- US: Michigan Economic Development, Wisconsin EDC, Milwaukee 7, Georgia Power, Public Service Indiana, Northern States Power, Colorado Springs, Fairfax Virginia, Hampton Roads Virginia, Oshkosh Wisconsin, Fort Worth Alliance, Greater New Orleans and Jefferson Parish, Tulsa Oklahoma, San Antonio Texas, Portland Oregon
Mr. Schneider has authored numerous articles and white papers on the topics of corporate location strategy, site selection, and foreign direct investment, and regularly speaks at conferences and forums and facilitates round tables focused on these topics. He is frequently interviewed by newspapers and business publications as a subject matter expert in these fields, and has been interviewed by the Department of Commerce and The White House to discuss Federal roles in attracting foreign direct investment. Mr. Schneider earned both his BA and Masters degrees from the University of Wisconsin after serving six years in the US Navy.